Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 30 Pin Connector replacement

Default 30 Pin Connector replacement
    Ok, so I inadvertently broke three of the prongs on my iPhone 3GS White 16gig.... I don't even know how but I did. Apple said that they won't fix/replace it because "A diagnostic evaluation has determined that the iPhone has been damaged as a result of an external force." Sooo, I was going to fix it myself. So my question is, where can I find a replacement part online? I've seen a bunch of them in searches but I don't know whether I just need the Sync Connector, or the whole Data Port and Flex Cable... And also how do I replace it? I know how to open the Phone and disconnect all the cables and junk but the Connector seems to be like attached to the battery...Thanks

Ebay is your best bet 20 bucks or so. Open the phone and remove the logic board there are 2 little screws by the dock remove them then the dock. I would replace the whole dock my self to get a better description on how to do this go to the guides tab and look for housing replacement it a full tare down of the phone...
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here