+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen won't light up

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So to make a long story short...I bought a 3G iphone from a guy on craigslist which turned out to be a fat scam..the ear speaker didn't work and I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen won't light up
    So to make a long story short...I bought a 3G iphone from a guy on craigslist which turned out to be a fat scam..the ear speaker didn't work and I was too dumb to not buy it before knowing it worked.

I opened up the phone after watching some videos to see how to remove the speaker module and when I opened it the ribbon that makes the speaker work was broken off the connector on the motherboard. I decided to just put it all back together again and when I did the screen wouldn't light up anymore.

I left it for a few weeks and decided to open it again today and one of the ribbon #2 wasn't connected so I pushed it on and closed it up again but left out the 2 bottom screws near the charge port. The phone still won't light up. Do the screws on the bottom need to be in or am I missing something else?

I also tried doing the reset by holding the home and power button and it didn't do anything at all.
    Last edited by combat; 06-14-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

If u tried all the ways to get it into dfu mode and it still wont connect or make a sound or vibrate when it turns on then i would say the charge port is probably broke and needs to be replaced
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here