+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: reputable online repair shop

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, here's my story. I recently purchased a used iPhone 2g 16GB from eBay. The seller claimed "everything works" in the item description. Upon receipt of the phone I realized
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default reputable online repair shop
    Ok, here's my story.

I recently purchased a used iPhone 2g 16GB from eBay. The seller claimed "everything works" in the item description. Upon receipt of the phone I realized that the camera did not work. The lens, or retina, or whatever it is on the screen never opens to take a picture.

I opened a dispute both in eBay and PayPal and the seller has contacted me through eBay claiming that it has something to do with a reset. Well, this is wrong as I replied to him because I have restored the phone at least twice and the problem still exists.

He got back to me saying he will pay the shipping costs to have me send the phone back to him as he "knows a guy" that will fix the camera and he will ship it back to me. Even though eBay is monitoring all of our contacts I still, obviously, don't feel comfortable sending the phone back to him.

Since I live in the boonies and there aren't any authorized iPhone repair shops nearby I was wondering of some people here can link me to a few online places that can do the job.

I will need the camera on the iPhone 2g repaired/replaced.

I will need to know the cost including shipping both ways.

I will reply to the seller via eBay dispute center and let him know that sending him the phone back is undesirable and we should try to agree on an independent third party to repair the phone or I will need a full refund.

So, please, two or more reputable places that can do this job linked to me here would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I should mention that I am in the USA

Thanks
    -Jim
    Last edited by jimmsch; 06-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mission repair is a very good repair shop
    i bought a screen from them for diy fixing
    hope you fix that mess!

Thanks

Im starting an online iphone repair business, i have finished the sight but am out of the country till the end of the month and internet is slow here. I am waiting to get back to officially put it up online and all. If you would like me to do it, i would appreciate it to get some testimonials going. I have been fixing iphones for a while now on craigslist and figured why restrict myself to the locals?

I had a 2g i bought broke and the camera didn't work. I ended up replacing it and restoring firmware and it worked fine afterwards. I could do it for you for cost of parts and shipping. Im in upstate NY, let me know if your interested.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shockster For This Useful Post:

iAMAPC (06-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

You don't need to get it repaired.

File the dispute with PayPal, they will side with you (they always side with the buyer), escalate the claim. You have to send the item back on your dime. Make sure you get a confirmation number, then input that into PayPal. When PayPal confirms the package was delivered they will refund your money without shipping.

You lose out on shipping but it's better than paying more to have it fixed.

Thanks

Thats wrong, PayPal don't always side with the buyer. I brought a replacement screen for a tv off eBay the other day at over 100 and it came cracked, i lost out on that money because stupid PayPal sided with the buyer. Even though it was cracked before even being sent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You just said PayPal don't always side with the buyer, then in your 2nd sentence, PayPal sided with the buyer.

PayPal always sides with the buyer. We know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lefti View Post
    You don't need to get it repaired.

File the dispute with PayPal, they will side with you (they always side with the buyer), escalate the claim. You have to send the item back on your dime. Make sure you get a confirmation number, then input that into PayPal. When PayPal confirms the package was delivered they will refund your money without shipping.

You lose out on shipping but it's better than paying more to have it fixed.
    Is exactly what I had to do. Once I escalated to claim status it took less than 12 hours for PP to promise me a full refund providing I prove that I returned the phone.

Two days after the seller signed for the phone I had my $$ back.

Thanks for the help to all.

P.S. they refunded me the total price I paid including the original shipping. The return shipping I had to eat.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glad it worked out for you bro!

Thanks

http://www.crackedphonescreen.com actually has the best prices around
    Last edited by sunnywala; 06-23-2010 at 05:08 PM.