+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: attempted housing replacement... now no home button /sim

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
basically replaced my phones back case and now the home button and the sim card are not working. I did a search and some said cable 3? bu it looks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default attempted housing replacement... now no home button /sim
    basically replaced my phones back case and now the home button and the sim card are not working. I did a search and some said cable 3? bu it looks good and i reseated it many times.. any other ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay. My guess is that the back housing is not properly aligned which is causing the home button to have a gap between the button and the docking assembly and that the sim card is not working because the tray is not completely straight causing it to not read it. Make sure the main board is securely in the housing.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

The 20th Member
    Thanks

check the pins for the home button and the sim card if they are bent or broke sorry but need to replace
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are you using the sim tray that came with the case? Try use an oem one.

As for the home button, it should work fine without being attached to the rest of the phone. Did you take the screen apart? If not it is cable #3. Bend it away from the screen pointing straight out, slide it in all the way, then make sure you hold it in place and clip the tab down properly.

All else fails, never hurts to do a reboot/restore. But seems to def be a hardware issue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shockster For This Useful Post:

iAMAPC (06-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. Trying the OEM sim tray would be a good idea. I have trouble with the aftermarket ones.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Green Apple
    Thanks

at the end of the sim connector (on the board) there's a pin that bends when you pop your simtray in. If this pin is not moving put a bit of solder or something on the simtray to give it that extra push that it needs (a couple of mm) hell probably tape would work but you can't put too much.

As for the home button not working (assuming your iphone is a 3g) I'd say either your midboard (#4) or your home button are broken.
    more than likely you damaged the pins on your home button no worries it's pretty easy to fix just use a flathead screw driver an gently insert them undernead the curved part of the pin and pry it up slowly. If you happen to break the pin you will have to either replace the home button or remove the broken piece with a soldering iron and put a bit of solder on the soldering pad of the button in order to complete the connection.

It's a bit tricky but I'm sure you'll be able to pull through.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

use the OEM sim tray, the aftermarket one doesnt allow the sim card to sit right on the sim reader

the pin on the home button is not seated correctly against the mainboard, you can bend the pin a little bit up so that it sits right, if not, try and add some solder on the end so that it sits right... i have to press mine kinda hard before it'll "press", i'm going to try the solder option pretty soon.