+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 3rd party charger problem need help

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, recently i got a solar charger which charges everything except my 3gs. It has a adapter which can connect to usb cables. How ever when i connect the 3gs
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3gs 3rd party charger problem need help
    Hi, recently i got a solar charger which charges everything except my 3gs. It has a adapter which can connect to usb cables. How ever when i connect the 3gs with the sync cable it does not charge why is this. Is there a way to fix this i have a jailbroken iphone is there a hack or app that can fix this thank you.

the charger link
    2600mAh MP3 iPhone iPod Portable Solar Power Charger UK on eBay (end time 26-Jun-10 12:52:18 BST)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It may not have the voltages on the usb data lines required to make the iphone charge. Some usb chargers just supply the 5v while the iphone needs specific voltages on two other pins to recognize its hooked up to a charger.
    Will it power anything else via usb?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Solved it, just modified the sync cable and attached a button between the green wire and red power wire so each time i connect it to the charger i just switch on the button and it stars charging and switch it back off and it stays charging bt i have to do it all the time i connect it. Its better than nothing