+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone know....................

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
What speed iPhone 4 a4 chip will be set at and how much memory will it have. I've looked but don't seem to find these spec's By memory I mean
    iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Anyone know....................
    What speed iPhone 4 a4 chip will be set at and how much memory will it have. I've looked but don't seem to find these spec's

By memory I mean ram not storage
    Last edited by one_crazy_dude; 06-08-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

I think they went back to 256.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37559146...ence-wireless/

It has an Apple A4 chip inside, just like the iPad. Inside the A4 there are a few interconnected chips: A Cortex-A8 main processor unit — the main brains — paired with a PowerVR SGX 535 —which handles the high definition graphics of the new iPhone.

These are directly connected with each other and two low-power 128MB DDR SDRAM chips. Since all these components are in the same chip, they can process things faster while consuming less battery than before.

The A4 also consumes less power because its sub-components can be switched on and off when they are not needed, shaving watts whenever it's possible.
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-08-2010 at 05:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also wondering what the speed will be. My first instinct would that they'd clock it to 1Ghz like the iPad, but then again, the iPad's battery is enourmous compared to that of the iPhone, so they may underclock it a little.

I'd say it will difinately be higher than the speed of the 3GS since they're going to need it to play nice with the new retina display it's got, but maybe not quite 1Ghz. At the WWDC keynote, Steve Jobs really played up the fact that it would run the A4, and I think it would be a disappointment to people having it run super underclocked.