Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Screen is Black After Glass/Digitizer Replacement

Default iPhone 3G Screen is Black After Glass/Digitizer Replacement
    I have a iphone 3G and I tried to replace the glass after I cracked it. But once I put it back together the screen is black and I get no response when I tried to slide to unlock (I don't see anything, i just know its on and I know where the arrow is)

I know the phone is on because the vibrator switch works and itunes recongnizes it.

I tried taking the screen and lcd out and puting in another one off of my other iphone 3g but the same thing happens. Also I put in the new screen on the working iphone and a white screen is all that shows up.

So I put my working iPhone back together and it works great. But the screen is still black on the iphone I tried to repair.

Any Help

yeah.
    buy a new one lol

Perform a hard reset, push and hold in at same time Power button and Home button, keep holding both for more than 10 seconds, when iPhone reboots then you can let go. Good luck.

Brad

yeah.. that should work... coz the phone is still on, but the display needs to be re-initialized, and that can only be done by restarting your phone, which is done by holding home n power buttons together till you see the apple icon!

Dude leave the repair to the experince person who know how to repair,i had my iphone 3G S screen go blank once.....then finally got it fixed at a repair center,they did a pretty good job on the phone....u can give it a try at iPhone 3G Repair Center