+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g 16gb won't boot

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I've had a problem with my 3g and whilst scouring the net for an answer, i've come accross your forum, it seems to be the best out there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPhone 3g 16gb won't boot
    Hi all, I've had a problem with my 3g and whilst scouring the net for an answer, i've come accross your forum, it seems to be the best out there so i'm happy I can join you guys.

My problem is this,, my neva jailbroken, neva unlocked 3g 16gb suffered from a cracked lcd, so i duly ordered and fitted a new unit, ever since i did so, my phone won't boot up. it switches on, i get the apple logo and that's where it stays until i 'home and power' together to switch it off. i can get dfu and restore modes, and with irestore i can get out of the boot loop, but it will not start.

Ive tried dfu and restore modes to restore in itunes countless times, ive tried win7 and xp and on two seperate pc's (idea's i've picked up from this forum) I've also tried usb hubs and not, I've tried different usb cables and several iTunes and firmware versions,, but all i get is 1603 + 1604 errors in iTunes
    Itunes starts the restore, (says 'prepairing iphone for restore') the iphone disconnects from usb and restarts with the apple logo, then re-connects to usb (I hear the windows connection/disconnection noises) then goes blank screen and disconnects (all normal so far) Then the apple logo and swirly circle appears on screen and that's where it stays until iTunes reports the error. My beloved iphone is getting stuck at a point that it should reconnect via usb to allow iTunes to start the restore/upload.

So here i am, begging at your experience because lesser phones require a laptop to keep up :-(

Many many thanks in advance for any help i recieve, any thanks for taking the time to read my post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,

The problem of your phone is BATTERY LOW! Charge it first fully then do the process again... post result, charge in a digital converter/charger.
    Spam what?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It will surprise me if it is battery voltage low, but i'll charge it up as recommended and give it a go
    Many thanks
    broken Iphone 3g 16gb black

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i charged my iphone with 240v plug and tried again, it's deffo not the battery voltage.
    Could it be to do with my LCD change?
    I have tried everything i can think of, i'm starting to think that it's a m/b fault
    it's like something in the phone isn't responding when it gets the boot command from the rest of the pone (also happens when iTunes tries to restore it)
    This situation is sooo poooo. apple can make the best multi use device in the world, but still leave it unreliable so thay can make more money from repairs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm coming to my wit's end with this phone now, thinking of destroying it now in the interest of getting my anger out and then just biting the bullet and buying a new one :-(
    I am going to have one last try though.
    Do any of you iphone guru's know if i can gain access to the root files on my iphone if i do not have ssh installed on the iphone? (bearing in mind that the iphone will not boot past the apple logo at all) i think the problem is some of the software is missing or damaged and it stops itunes from restoring the phone because it will not finish the reboot itunes needs before it starts restoring :-(

Thanks again in advance