+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G and 3GS use similar batteries?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My iPhone after about nearly two years just is not holding a charge anymore. I'm out of warranty and there is no way I'm sending my iPhone back to Apple.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3G and 3GS use similar batteries?
    My iPhone after about nearly two years just is not holding a charge anymore. I'm out of warranty and there is no way I'm sending my iPhone back to Apple. I'm pretty good with computers and knowledgeable about breaking them down so I'm not worried about the actual battery installation process.

One of the things I am wondering is while looking for batteries all I can seem to find are 'iPhone 3g' batteries. Do the 3G and 3GS use a similar enough battery structure that it doesn't matter what I buy?

For example, one of the batteries I was thinking of getting on Amazon was [ame="http://www.amazon.com/6279Q595-Replacement-Battery-1600mah-iphone/dp/B001UGAX82"]this[/ame] one. Would this work in my 3GS? Its 1600mah is higher than the original iPhone 3GS' so would this also provide a bit more juice than my iPhone did originally?

Anyone with insight into battery replacement would be great.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm interested in doing the same thing. Does anyone have any experience with putting a larger battery in as far as mAH?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    As far as the mAH capacity, that is simply a value representing the capacity of cahrge the battery can hold. Just make sure it is a 3.7VDC battery.