Hello all,

I'll be honest, I'm clumsy... and I dropped my iPhone one too many times... now it randomly has trouble reading the sim card and tells me it's not installed. Usually it just takes a couple seconds and then the problem is fixed on it's own... but I it's getting worse.

There is a small gap (bout a millimeter or so) in between the top of the outer silver bezel and the black plastic. I'm sure this has a lot to do with it, because if I push it together and let go... almost 100% of the time... the "No Sim Card" message pops up.

I took the phone apart and tried to figure out a way to get it to stay together better... but haven't been able to... Does anyone have any advise for how I could fix this problem?

I am familiar with how to take the phone apart, take the components out, and put it back together. I have done numerous repairs to other iPhones in the past... but I usually just replaced one part or another... I was hoping that maybe there was a way to fix this without having to replace the housing.

I was even thinking about adding a screw hole on the top... but wanted to ask for advise before I did anything drastic.