+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2G stuck in headphone mode:(

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I thought my ear speaker was broken as I could not play youtube videos or movies with sound. The phone does ring out loud and speakerphone works well. So, I
    Thanks

Default iphone 2G stuck in headphone mode:(
    I thought my ear speaker was broken as I could not play youtube videos or movies with sound. The phone does ring out loud and speakerphone works well. So, I cut off a headphone plug and plugged into the jack and I have sound. I found on goggle all the remedies but don't work. Has anyone had this happen? How to fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would there maybe be a small bit of medal foil etc lodged in the jack socket? Happened to me a while back.

Thanks

I solved the problem by cutting the tip off the metal plug from a broken pair of headphones. I used an tx torque to push the plug tip until it snapped in place.permanent fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I solved the problem by cutting the tip off the metal plug from a broken pair of headphones. I used an tx torque to push the plug tip until it snapped in place.permanent fix.
    I am sorry but I don't understand... Did you jam a headphone jack into the socket? How does that cure the problem? I thought that would make the iphone "think" that the headphones were in use and therefore stop the spaeakers working? Can you explain???

Thanks

No, I cut the tip off the headphone plug and carefully pushed into bottom of Jack once snaps in ur phones back to normal. I just posted a utube video on permanetly fix stuck in headphone mode.

No the flex cable is defective and needs replacing my method is a permanent hack cuz it will never go out of headphone mode otherwise.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 05-23-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost