+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone USB not connecting

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I got an iPhone off of craigslist, and I plugged it into a macbook and it was connected... and I unplugged it while it was transferring and went to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone USB not connecting
    So I got an iPhone off of craigslist, and I plugged it into a macbook and it was connected... and I unplugged it while it was transferring and went to a party. When I came back I tried to reconnect it and it would not connect. I cannot get it to connect AT ALL. I dont know WTF is wrong with it and its starting to irk me. I'm scared I wont be able to charge it..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,

Press power on and home button at the same time. Check if will on, then do it again with cable inserted.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Possibly the battery is drained. You will have to leave the iPhone plugged in, left alone, often for at least 5 minutes. If the computer USB is not strong enough to charge, then plug USB cable into wall Charger, again it may need to be left alone for around 5 minutes to charge battery a bit. Good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

First see if the iPhone connects to the wall charger(if you have one) and if it does and you don't mind restoring your iPhone then put the iPhone into DFU mode and that should make the computer recognize your iPhone.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

battery is at around 35%... you think I should still give that a try? I dont have a wall charger, but I guess I could go pick one up. It just came with a USB cable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

eh...its not worth paying for a wall charger. I would try a different computer if you can and if that is not available then I would try putting the iPhone into DFU mode while it is plugged into the computer.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I plugged it into my old laptop with windows XP and still no good. Am having problems getting it to go into DFU mode as well. The apple logo flashes, disappears, flashes up again, then disappears again and doesnt come back. I'm in sheer WTF mode right now.

So I plugged it into an ipod dock to see if maybe that will charge it, and it says on the iphone this accessory is not made to work with iphone. would you like to enter airplane mode...

Does this mean its a hardware issue?
    Last edited by NickGaulin; 05-17-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok update! Wallcharger was able to connect. I am getting a USB chord to Itunes logo on the screen plus slide for emergency banner at the bottom. I tried reconnecting it to the macbook to no avail. So is it possible the sync is messed up or? SOOOOO CONFUSED!!! FML!!!