Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 28 questions.

Default Error 28 questions.
    I recently purchased a used phone with a broken lcd and digitizer and replaced them (all connectors correctly attached) to no avail of the phone being a simple job. The battery is known good, but it will not respond to either the home button or lock button being pushed (oddly when it is plugged in with usb cable and the hard reset is prompted it will disconnect the device and reconnect)After device is plugged in and connected to iTunes the phone is prompted in recovery mode, and restore is forced to recognize the phone. Once the restore has begun and the firmware is started the phone responds normally with the apple screen and the screen continues to verifying restore with Apple, but when this screen comes up the restore fails and the screen goes back to non-responsive. The error that comes up is Error 28, which I have read can be hardware issues. There is no visible damage to the hardware in anyway, the number 3 ribbon cable is properly connected as I have called apple store and had them help troubleshoot. There is also no water damage so the Logic board should be good.

I am not really willing to jailbreak or anything that would otherwise void any possibility it can be replaced under warranty either, I am more interested in defeating this troubleshoot.

Thanks,
    Will

does anybody have an idea of why it would shut off then? i can provide pictures later of what happens.