Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't charge - replaced battery, will sync

Default iPhone won't charge - replaced battery, will sync
    Well I managed to screw myself in every way with this iPhone: it's NOT covered by warranty - I voided that by replacing the back with a white one (it's a 3G 8gb).

So, with that out of the way:

I replaced the battery. It worked till the battery died. I unlocked and jailbroke it and it synced fine. It STILL syncs if I put it in DFU mode and restore.

I replaced the dock port as well, thinking maybe the pin was bad. Nope, not the case.

So what gives? Suggestions? Please tell me it's not a bad logic board >.>

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt its a bad logic board. I would make sure the battery is aligned correctly on the back housing with the logic board. So I'd take it apart and put it back together and see if anything changes.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

hi,

maybe you're battery was drained fast by your board, probably shorted, try to look at this part in the image.
    Last edited by iDevice; 05-13-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Excel: tried that. Actually tried charging it while it was taken apart too, but no dice.

iDevice: that sounds really informative, but there doesn't look to be anything wrong with the part. If that was the case, though (since I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for), how could I go about fixing it? Or do I have to replace the board?

Quote Originally Posted by MistGray View Post
    Excel: tried that. Actually tried charging it while it was taken apart too, but no dice.

iDevice: that sounds really informative, but there doesn't look to be anything wrong with the part. If that was the case, though (since I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for), how could I go about fixing it? Or do I have to replace the board?
    If you have spare board then that's the easiest way to fix. To fix that board you will need a hotair equipment to remove that parts, or you can try the Jumper solution to isolate the problem, if you find good after jumpering then 100% that is the fault parts.

See illustration Here:

or more here.

Bump. Jumping them didn't do anything. I'm thinking it might be something to do with the board... which sucks, because a new unlocked board is worth more than the phone.

Here's everything that relates. How can I tell if they're working?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-power.png  

Hi,

Your last option is to change that USB/Charger IC)\(LCT4480-2), but it is so fragile that may brick your phone, you must have an available parts in your hand.