+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g unresponsive digitizer after charger port repair

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys! I've been repairing iphones for more than a year now and I've always been able to fix everything but I have a problem with a 2G iphone and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 2g unresponsive digitizer after charger port repair
    Hi guys!

I've been repairing iphones for more than a year now and I've always been able to fix everything but I have a problem with a 2G iphone and would like to know if someone had a similar problem before buying another 100$ screen assembly. Here's the story:

Bought the phone in pieces, the guy tried to change the LCD assembly and gave up. I repaired it and it worked flawlessly so I sold it to a friend. He used it for months until he dropped it and the charger port stopped working so I bought him a new mid-frame assembly and replaced it (if someone reads this and was thinking of changing the flex only forget it! it's almost impossible even with experience and the DIY on this board, just buy the assembly for 30 on eBay). Now everything works except the digitizer. I double checked the flexibles and they are well connected to the main board and I've been really careful handling the LCD assembly.

Does anyone have had a similar problem? I dont think my friend is gonna be willing to pay another 100$ for this phone and might just sell it as-is if there's nothing else to do than swap the lcd assembly again.

Thanks for your help!
    Vince

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you sure that you connect it good so i guess that you broke the flex cable, they brake easy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I recommend u replace one.
    if u wanna sell to your friend, he/she will spend a lot more than have a new one.