Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Losing signal. Logic Board Repair.

Default Losing signal. Logic Board Repair.
    My first post please be gentle!

I have an 3g 16gb Iphone that will have full service for one minute then drop to 1 bar then back to full bars and then lose service. You can flick it into airplane mode and then back and have full service again for a short time.

I've done alot of searching and tryed many different fixes. I've placed the Logic board in 3 different Iphone bodies with no luck. I've tried 3.0 3.1 and 3.1.2 fimeware. I've unlocked with blacksn0w and ultrasnow. I've tried 2 different basebands with fuzzyband. I've tried 5 different sim cards from 3 different providers.

This leads me to believe it is a problem with the logic board. In some other posts people where saying this is a power management problem. I've got a couple other old damaged logic boards lying around. I'm open to changing one of the chips on the logic. My problem is which one? there are two different power management chips. Any advise will be helpful. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20080905201704524.jpg  

Default sim card?
    hey! I had the same problem with an iPhone, tried everything from soldering the gold pin to the frame to DFU restore, adding tape to the back of the sim, etc. without success until I tried another SIM card and realized that I spent hours trying to fix a perfectly working phone because of a fried SIM card so you might wanna check with another SIM.

Mine was not unlocked but the signal was always dropping to near nothing until I toggled Airplane mode. Now it gave up the ghost. FWIW, I could still usually make and maintain calls as well before toggling as after. Because it's AT&T, that doesn't mean "well."
    Last edited by CZroe; 05-08-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Mine is doing the same. It will mantain a call once it is made. But if it is not being used it losses signal.