Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery and other iPod problems

Default Battery and other iPod problems
    I've have my iPod touch, for about a few months, and it has worked fine. Until about a month ago, I spilt some water on it, but not enough to do any bad damages. Ever since then, I've been having weird iPod problems, including

• Almost complete discharge of battery once it's turned off (sometimes happens)
    • Mixed sound output. Sometimes the iPod will output sound on headphone AND internal speaker. When this happens, sometimes increasing the volume will only affect the internal speaker, not the headphones
    • Sleep button increasing the volume (now mysteriously fixed)
    • Volume button putting device to sleep (now mysteriously fixed)

I'm positive the small amount of water that I spilt couldn't have this much weird stuff! The battery discharging thing and the speaker problems really mystify me.

Anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it? The 3.1.2 iPod is JB with Blackra1n, tethered.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All it takes is less than a drop of water to do some serious damage...

Where was the water spilled?

Oopsie sorry to hear that. sucks A friend of mine spilled water, then his iphone totally wigged out...Over the next few days thing started to fix itself, (drying out). Then poof it crapped out totally. When it was opened up it was rusted all over inside. Little trick (Have to do it immediately though) when electronics get wet is turn it OFF and put it in a bag of rice for a few days. Keeps the humidity and moisture from spreading and condensating. Sucks being without it but trust me it's worth it. AND don't turn it on in those couple days to "just check it out real quick" it only take a spark to fry it and the surfacemount circuitry leads are close together. BE PATIENT.
    Last edited by BurnRose; 05-07-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding
    It is what it is...

Actually, to tell da truth and to be honest, I didnt spill water. During the past month, I was drinking a TON of water each day and going to the bathroom about 5 times a day. On the week of my birthday, I was diagnosed as a teen type 2 diabetic. (Life is so much different now)

Anyways, drinking a lot of water and going to the bathroom a lot were signs that I was diabetic. I was drinking sone much water that... I was starting to ... wet the bed, and one night I fell asleep with my iPod on the edge of my bed. I dont think it got soaked, just maybe some moisture, but I culd B wrng. But ever since that day, those problems occured. Luckily, only the speaker & battery discharge priblems remain. The battery problem still mystifies ne, tho

The moisture and humidity will do it. My kid messed up his xeon touch taking a hot shower with his phone on the counter. Nowhere near the water. Discovered a little trick for getting the moisture red dot passed the warranty people too

Beste WŁnsche mit dem Diabetes bro. Wirklich!