+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slightly Yellow Tint on Iphone Screen

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here's the deal, I have a 3GS which had debris inside the screen. I took it to apple and the genius replaced the screen/digitizer and the tech asked me to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Slightly Yellow Tint on Iphone Screen
    Here's the deal, I have a 3GS which had debris inside the screen. I took it to apple and the genius replaced the screen/digitizer and the tech asked me to check it out in front of him and it looked fine at the time. However, after i took it home in a some what darker room I can clearly tell there's a yellowish tint to the screen now. Would apple be ok with fixing this problem? i do not want to seem anal about what may appear to be minor imperfections. I was initially hoping they would replace the phone with a new one anyways, what should i do about this?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If it actually is an issue then take it back, either they will see it and understand or not. Really cant tell you without seeing it. But replacing JUST the glass/digitizer wouldnt cause that.

Now, if they also replaced the LCD, it could be the LCD. Im pretty sure they replace the entire assembly which would include the LCD.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If it actually is an issue then take it back, either they will see it and understand or not. Really cant tell you without seeing it. But replacing JUST the glass/digitizer wouldnt cause that.

Now, if they also replaced the LCD, it could be the LCD. Im pretty sure they replace the entire assembly which would include the LCD.
    Yeah the guy said they replaced the whole assembly including the lcd. I really just wanted a new phone. I guess i'll take it back since the genius's at Lenox Mall here in Atlanta don't seem to be douche bags like the other genius's out there. I should have just asked nicely to have the phone replaced instead of having a new assembly put in.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

No they wont replace the entire phone for that anymore, just the screen assembly. But its the LCD.

Now, on the ATL. I also live there and will actually be working within walking distance of lenox mall 2morrow, small world.

Anyways, its MUCH easier to go to and get into the Apple store @ Perimeter mall and they are even cooler. Ive been to all 4 Apple stores in GA multiple times and like Perimeter the best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahh thats lame! i didnt know they stopped swapping out phones for debris being in the screen. I had to get rid of my jailbreak before going in, what a waste of time. anyway, i guess i'll go back tomorrow and compare my phone with one on display and see if theres a big difference. I've been to the apple store at perimeter and they're always jam packed and the employees didn't seem as nice to me. plus the chicks at lenox are soo much hotter haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I returned my iPod, because there was a slight blue tint thats notable when a lighter background is there.

they said they gave me a completly new one, but im not so sure,

When the brightness percentage is anything higher than the lowest,you can see light coming out of the left side of the ipod touch screen;

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My 3gs has the yellow tint. When i bought it a month later i noticed it and compared it with my dads (which his screen was nice and super bright). Took it to apple and they replaced the LCD and glass but it doesn't look any different so i just left it alone and now im used to it.

Thanks

Default I think it's from heating up too much.
    My 2g has a faint yellow tint in the upper right corner that can only be seen when the bkgnd is light-colored or the right sunlight angle is occuring. The orig. owner said he left it on a picnic table for a few and the shade moved, cooking that corner about 5 minutes...he saw it that night but apparently apple wouldn't replace it. He sold it to me for $100.00 2 years ago. It don't bug too much, but you do notice it.
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.