Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my phone bricked???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is my phone bricked???
    Well I was using using Rock a couple of hours ago and waiting for it to load up. I waited a couple of minutes and it was stuck on fetching processes so I went to the springboard. According to backgrounder it was still running so I used SBSettings to delete the process. It kept on opening back up so i kept on deleting the process then I got pissed and tried to reboot my phone through SBSettings. Now my phone doesn't get passed the apple logo. It just turns off with 30 seconds. I tried to put it in DFU mode and restore it, then iTunes tries "contacting the iPod update server..." then says "the iPod software update server cannot be contacted".
    plz help me

That literally just happened to me, you have to keep turning it "on and off" till you get the connect to itunes screen and restore it

just happend to me as well. i cant do anything with it all i get is the apple logo and it shuts off. WTF did rock do to my phone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had just updated it a couple of days ago too

just happened to mine 5 min's ago..!!

This happened to me this morning. Last night I updated my rock app, and it said something about firmware upgrade, but it failed. this morning, I turned my phone off to clear all the cache, and when I turned it back on, all I got was the apple logo for a few seconds. then it shut off. I have been researching all day with no luck. it appears to be a rock app issuewith no fix. The only thing i have seen work is a total restore through Itunes which will eliminate the jailbreak and you will lose everything you had. That really sucks!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yah the firmware update failed happened to me too. im going to wait and see if someone can come up with another solution. i doubt it though.

try a different computer. Digitalhackerx try downloading 3.1.2 then press shift and click on restore to select that OS. I had this problem to, and I restored it back to 3.1.2 didn't install rock afterwards lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it doesnt show up in recovery mode on itunes though on other comps either

This happened to me aswell.

I edited something on the 'hosts' file, and added a new line that had gs.apple.com in

The same messege that you said came up, but when i removed the extra line iTunes worked and i successfully restored my iPod!

I'm stuck too but it happened after a message popped up telling me that I needed to restore in iTunes to make calls (signal said "Searching..."). The phone still worked until I rebooted (Apple logo for a few seconds). I updated Rock yesterday and it had a problem with one of the steps. I had to relaunch and try again for the last update. Related?