Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Repair 2G help

Default Iphone Repair 2G help
    Hello Modmyi,

I have a 4gb original iphone that I just replaced the lcd/digitizer/glass screen. The screen turned on and worked fine but the touch part of the screen is unresponsive. This is the second attempt at doing this repair so I know for a fact it isn't a bad replacement screen. I also searched around and saw that software could be the problem as well, so I restored it using itunes and that didn't do anything either. Im now sitting here with a bricked iphone and nothing left to try. Anybody have any ideas why the screen is unresponsive? Any help/information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance....

you gotta changed the whole lcd, because the digitizer is connected to the lcd. Software is not the issue. You can restore your iphone 100 times and it will still be unresponsive.

Default same trouble...
    Hi! he just said that he replaced the whole assembly and that the digiziter is unresponsive... I have and iphone 2g with the exact same problem as you. I bought it a while a ago with a broken glass&LCD, swapped to whole assembly and got it to work again. I dropped it and the charger port stopped working so I bought a new middle frame assembly with charger and everything I swapped the mid assembly and now the touch screen is totally unresponsive (not just the bottom/top part). I checked the 3 flex and they a well connected, I restored using DFU mode without success... Anyone else came across a similar problem?

BTW do someone knows which flex is for the digitizer so I can look if it seems damaged? I've been really careful with the parts I dont think I have damaged anything...