Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fully assembled Housing

Default Fully assembled Housing
    I'm purchasing this CLICK, and I want to know if all I need to do is take my screen assembly off of mine, and transplant the motherboard into the new housing.

Thanks!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If it comes as pictured, and thats an aftermarket assembly so no telling how the quality is.

For the price,I figured it's going to be a aftermarket. But the bezel is metal, and the seller gives to option to change it to gold which I'm trying to do, not to mention a new battery. If you have a better option, I'd really like to hear it, My case is in terrible condition it has a big crack, it looks quite disgusting. The person I bought if from didn't keep it in the best condition. Thank you!
    Last edited by Maylene; 04-29-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm doing the same thing as you right now. I should get the new housing in the mail today. My back housing is busted along with the mute button and flex so replacing the whole assembly seemed like the best option for the price in my case. I'll let you know how it works after I get it back together. Yes all you should need to do is take your whole screen assembly and motherboard out and plug it into the new housing assembly.

Wessy

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

i bought from this guy. They are ****. I had to return it, shipped it 2 weeks ago, still haven't gotten a refund. It is horrible quality inside, outside it looks nice. You can use it as a template to piece back your other pieces if you wanted, but it isn't going to last.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandonii For This Useful Post:

Maylene (05-05-2010)

I purchased it, if worse comes to worse, I'll take the parts our out of my old housing and put it in the new one. It was $5 more to get the fully built one, so i figure it was worth a shot.

i think reception is affected also

Green Apple
    Thanks

I purchased from a Canada supplier and it is on the way back. It worked when I assembled it but the bezel was not the right shape so my screen would not assemble properly. There were screws missing holding components in and the power button did not work right, the phone kept bringing up the shut down slider. The headphone bezel was screwed up too. I asked for an exchange or refund and they are giving me a refund. I suppose it's cheaper than paying shipping charges again. I won't buy aftermarket anymore. I'll buy a used one or one that has a broken screen for a little more money.

Wessy