Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i desperatley need help!

Question i desperatley need help!
    I jailbroke my iphone 3g about two months ago, and ive been experiencing a range of problems. they are: it locks itself, it hangs up my calls, it pops up with slide to power off, when i want to return to home screen it takes a picture of my current screen, it turns itself off when im not using it and wehn i turn it back on the apple sign pops up for 10 seconds and goes away for 10 seconds until i plug it into power, it turns itself down and i cant turn it back up again. im desperate for help! i cant afford to buy a new iphone, and i cant go back to normal phones after a year with the brilliance of the iphone. please PLEASE HELP ME!!!

i would restore but being careful if your unlocked....
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Def try a restore, which will 'un-jailbreak' it.
    - See how it works out.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

From what you are explaining looks like your 'sleep' button is stuck/jammed or towards its end of life so it randomly 'switches' itself. You may need to change the 'power' flex cable.

Actually many may not know that pressing the 'sleep + home' button in your iPhone takes a snap shot of current screen. Thats what you are experiencing here.

If you wonder which is the sleep button its the same power button on right top.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dskum View Post
    From what you are explaining looks like your 'sleep' button is stuck/jammed or towards its end of life so it randomly 'switches' itself. You may need to change the 'power' flex cable.

Actually many may not know that pressing the 'sleep + home' button in your iPhone takes a snap shot of current screen. Thats what you are experiencing here.

If you wonder which is the sleep button its the same power button on right top.

Hope it helps!
    Duh. How'd I not notice that. You're 100% correct.
    It's only impossible if you quit.