Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replaced Digitizer and Glass now i have a white screen?

Default Replaced Digitizer and Glass now i have a white screen?
    I replaced the digitizer and glass on my iphone. it works now except the screen in white and gray. everything still shows up on the screen including the apple logo and the menu. Any idea to why its doing this or how to fix it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A picture would help. Did you try reboot and maybe even restore?

Thanks

Were did you purchase your LCD? reputable place? Just wondering if it is a faulty LCD... I'm curious as I will be doing one myself soon.

mockposer- i didnt replace the lcd. It was working fine before and did seem to work for alittle after i replace the digitizer and glass. i opened it back up bc the home button wasnt working and now the screen is white and gray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -phone1.jpg   -phone2.jpg  

Thanks

Dang...
    it almost seems like there is unequaled pressure? Yet your digitizer, functions all work I assume? I know they can be touchy with pressure levels, but I thought it would effect phone function before greyscale.
    sorry i don't have any better ideas.

if changed glass and digitizer only, should not anything with lcd

the digitizer works now and the screen wasnt always like this. I had to open the phone again bc the home button stopped working and now its like this. i think it has something to do with one of the ribbons. any clue which one it might be or how to fix it?

Thanks

it would be the top left ribbons, make sure they are snapped in tightly!

would that be number 1?

Just re-attach the ribbons right under the screen, used to happen to me all the time on my iPhone. Open it up and make sure everything is securely in.

Helped? Use the THANKS button.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

ive connected and reconnected many times and it is still like this. im not sure what else to try?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Perhaps you should re install it. If it wasnt like that before maybe just taking it all off and doing it again will work instead of trying to figure out what went wrong? I understand thats such a hassle but thats what I would do...

this is what ive done. my iphone screen was cracked and the touch screen wasnt working so i bought a new screen and digitizer. i installed it and put everything back together. when i turned it on the screen looked fine and the touch screen was working but the home button wasnt working. i took it apart again and something made it start looking like this. ive tried reintalling a few times but it is still like this. i dont know if something happened to the lcd or one of the ribbons in the proccess or not but i cant get it to go back.

Thanks

I tried to do some research (nothing too in depth really) but what I can draw from it is either you damaged the LCD again during the process or it's a software problem. I don't know if this will help but I thought I would put this up in hopes maybe it will. If not Im sorry and all I can say is I have seen plenty of people say it's ribbon 1 but you already tried reconnecting it. Well here's this anyway:

support.apple.com/kb/HT3577

its a 3g not a 3gs. thanks tho

Thanks

I figured :/ maybe some research should be done on ribbon 1

Did you damage or dislodge a part of your ribbon 1? Perhaps you should purchase a new connector (eBay for $9.99)? Saw a bunch of threads with your same problem but no solution hardware-wise. Check the ribbon 1 connector and see if any of it is dislodged/missing. If so you'd probably have to replace it.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 04-26-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is one cable, I can't think of which, I think it is the vertical 'snap' on cable, either 2 or 3, and it often doesn't click all the way in. Make sure this one is correctly set in. Also if you have some compressed air, try cleaning off the motherboard. BUT FROM A DISTANCE! You don't want to damage anything.

Helped? Click the THANKS button.

Thanks

Try a restore, reboot and if that doesnt fix the problem, and neither did reconnecting the ribbons I would try and get my money back for the lcd or get a replacement. They will probably do an exchange if you got it from a reputable ebay seller if you send them a picture of it.

Good luck! I need the same with my 2g docking probs =(

Quote Originally Posted by Shockster View Post
    Try a restore, reboot and if that doesnt fix the problem, and neither did reconnecting the ribbons I would try and get my money back for the lcd or get a replacement. They will probably do an exchange if you got it from a reputable ebay seller if you send them a picture of it.

Good luck! I need the same with my 2g docking probs =(
    But he didnt replace the LCD, he replaced the digitizer. Thats why it doesnt make sense.

It's gotta be a cable problem in my mind.

Thanks

Might have the same problem i do, maybe the ribbon itself got messed up. Im having probs with a cable and ive tried reconnecting many times, so it might be damaged in some way.

=/ Not sure what it could be if you didn't replace the lcd thats really wierd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast