+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replaced Digitizer and Glass now i have a white screen?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Which cable are you speaking of?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Which cable are you speaking of?
    It's only impossible if you quit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i believe its cable 1 but it doesnt appear to have anything wrong with it. it snaps in and seems to be in place right but i still have the inverted colors?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You didn't change to the negative colors under settings did you? Maybe that has something to do with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no its a 3g not a 3gs. it doesnt have that setting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's the Digitizer
    Hey.

I joined this forum because I had to tell someone about this as I think it is so unreal (but it is real). I had the same problem as you.

I had 2 iphones, one had a cracked digitizer(outer touch screen) but the LCD and the rest of the phone was working fine. The second had an intact digitizer but LCD was busted and the phone kept getting itunes deadly Error 28. I tried for weeks to sort out the error but no luck.

I gave up on the Error 28 phone so put the good Digitizer on the good phone. As soon as I turned on the once good phone it started flashing white and turned its self off. I restored in DFU and recovery I used all the old firmwares with all the old Itunes. Ireb, redsn0w, and more. but still it wouldn't reboot and got stuck on a white screen.

I really thought I had done something to the logic board or i forgot to turn it off before I took it apart and blew something. I though there was no hope. I spent days trying to revive it getting Itunes errors ranging from 3015 to 9.

It took me a while to think about what I did before the problem. I took off the Digitizer and put the broken one back on and WHAMMMMY. It worked like a charm first time.

I couldn't believe that the digitizer could have such an effect on the whole phone, the software and everything.

Sorry for the long reply I am just amazed at what was causing the problems.

A SUMMARY: IF YOU CHANGED YOUR SCREEN ANYTIME AND ARE NOW GETTING RESTORE ERRORS AND WHITE SCREEN PROBLEMS, CHANGE YOU DIGITIZER (or at least check contacts I think on contact 3).

I don't think this will work on all white screen errors but if you can do it try it.

Good luck and let me know if it works

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12