Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G can't connect ribbon 1

Default iPhone 3G can't connect ribbon 1
    G'day all, I put my phone in to have the battery replaced and got it back with a free battery, because the guy that did the repair can't get the ribbon 1 cable to seat in the phone. Its like its too small for the connector. (Has he damaged the connector on the logic board?) It just seems to not lock in at all (all other connectors lock in just fine).

I can hear the iPhone working, just it has no display. (I believe ribbon 1 is for the display data, any help would be HIGHLY appreciated, hate not being able to use my iPhone).

Could be one of several problems including a now broken LCD. Could be like you say, the #1 connector is not pushed down fully onto the motherboard connector socket.

1. Try a hard reset of the iPhone first. If this doesn't work. Then
    2. Make sure connector #1 is seated correctly. If this doesn't work. Then
    3. You may need a new LCD or worse have to repair motherboard.

A hard reset may be all you need.

Good luck.

Its the connector number 1, it will not seat, it just seems to float, it won't click in. Just not sure if there's a way to force it to sit there at all. I tried to force reset it, heard it doing its thing, but still nothing on screen, it works just no display.

Thanks

Try holding it down with your finger or something plastic..then hitting the power button to get the lcd to light up..It should come on if it seats correctly if not maybe the guy that "fixed" it accidentally put a 3gs screen/digitizer on instead of yours..I believe their different sizes..