+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g white screen

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello my iphone is lately getting a white screen now and then. Its not the screen of death it just seems like somethings not connecting right. When i get the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g white screen
    Hello my iphone is lately getting a white screen now and then. Its not the screen of death it just seems like somethings not connecting right. When i get the white screen i just have to push really hard at the top of the screen and it fixes. I made a movie because its really hard to explain. As you can see i have the white screen and when i press lightly on it it goes to the apple logo and then back to white. When i press hard like i did at the end it stays at apple logo and turns on. Its really weird anyone have a solution ?

[ame]http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/michal2648/?action=view&current=0_VIDEO_004.flv[/ame]

Thanks

Do you know if the iPhone has been opened or dropped?
    More the likely your LCD connector might be making good connection.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My 3g iPhone was doing the same thing.

i dropped if off the desk on to carpet on a monday. tuesday i started getting a random white screen. by friday it was solid white. I restored the phone thinking that i installed something that crashed the phone.
    When that didn't work I opened the phone up (suction cup method). disconnect all the ribbon cables put it back together. nothing, still a white screen. i tired three more time. on the last try screen was back. that was over 2 months ago. those connectors are so touchy. if your under warrenty i'm sure apple would fix for you.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i tried that opening it up and putting back together worked for a little and now the same thing. no its not under warranty i think im going to sell it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like hardware to me. A few others have posted similar issues on other sites and they all pointed to something came loose.

The 20th Member
    Thanks

i would say to rechreck the connections they come loose very easy. i think its strange that your iphone reboots like thats that makes me think that more than just the lcd connections have come loose try reseating the mother board and redo the connections hopefully that works

@igarza

i just got a housing the same color as your sig it looks sick
    Last edited by Gyngabread Man; 04-21-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with the actual iPhone just the LCD. There is a controller that is on the LCD that goes bad from time to time. It's a easy fix by replacing the whole LCD. Cheap fix.