+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Water Damage

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My first gen iphone was completely submerged and has turned on since. No life at all. My question, is there any way possible to get my photos off of it?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Water Damage
    My first gen iphone was completely submerged and has turned on since. No life at all. My question, is there any way possible to get my photos off of it? Put memory on working first gen iphone?
    I know it may seem crazy, but it has been bothering me.
    Thanks in advance guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If board fried then no, actually its maaad hard to do, u need someone with awesome soldering skills.

Thanks

This sounds crazy but whatcha got to lose..Take it completely apart & submerge the board in distilled water then take a air can & spray off what you can then put the board in a baggy filled with rice for a few days..Make sure there is no rust or anything on the other parts before you put back together..Then put it together plug it in for a few hours & see if it'll turn on..
    Good Luck..!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cid6.7 For This Useful Post:

BenzStang (04-29-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He got pics to loose lol, but yea this can work I got my nokia to work like that so you have to put it in distiller water from autostore let it be there for a day then place it on the paper towel then place in bowl with rice So it willsuck in all the water

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just might try.. Will let you know if I do. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    This sounds crazy but whatcha got to lose..Take it completely apart & submerge the board in distilled water then take a air can & spray off what you can then put the board in a baggy filled with rice for a few days..Make sure there is no rust or anything on the other parts before you put back together..Then put it together plug it in for a few hours & see if it'll turn on..
    Good Luck..!
    +1

I washed my iphone by mistake a week ago and that's what i did:
    first I paniced so I left the whole device in rice over a night
    the next day i opened my iphone's back cover and I used an hairdryer to dry the waster I saw between the motherboard/battery and the screen.
    then I left it another night in rice this time without the back case
    the next day I tried to conenct it to my PC and it workd

the bad news are:
    - wifi doesn't work anymore :/
    - a huge ugly stain on the LCD so i cannot see what's in my left screen's corner
    -power button doesnt work

but I still think I was lucky if so few things are not working i really thought the iphone is dead
    and as much as I understood from ebay serching, all these things are replaceable

good luck.

Thanks

Most if not all your problems could prolly be fixed by taking it apart completely doing a good clean & putting it back together...Take your LCD off the glass & wipe both with a silk cloth for cleaning glasses..Then give both a couple blasts with a aircan & put back together..Your wifi connector prolly still has some water inside it or is starting to rust & as for your power button I'd check the tabs that stick up by the charge connection..