13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i wanna wait for the Dev-Team

8 61.54%
  • It's too risky

1 7.69%
  • no iDont wanna wait

4 30.77%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ..::Do you know what's needed for iPhone 3G/3GS HARDWARE UNLOCK? ::..

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, there are many people wanting to unlock the iphone 3g/3gs base-band from the 5.12.01 to the 04.26.08 because they "accidentally" upgraded to 3.1.3 so.... i am here looking to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ..::Do you know what's needed for iPhone 3G/3GS HARDWARE UNLOCK? ::..
    So, there are many people wanting to unlock the iphone 3g/3gs base-band from the 5.12.01 to the 04.26.08 because they "accidentally" upgraded to 3.1.3 so....

i am here looking to see if it can be done via the "hardware method"...that is the Vietnamese way....(google it)

i know it is because some due in vietnam is probably getting rich doing it...

as far as i know...

I need the 04.26.08 EEPROM
    I need a EEPROM programmer
    i need EXPERT SOLDERING skills

i got the skills, and about 150 people on a list to unlock...and what if i don't wanna wait until the iPhone Dev Team to releases their unlock method...

i am assuming that i can generate the 04.26.08 EEPROM with the EEPROM programmer assuming i get a baseband with the 04.26.08 installed...

so...do you what i'm saying?? YES YOU DO...

1) Where can i get the right EEPROM programmer?
    2) iDont wanna wait, do you wanna wait?

Moderator...move to iphone hardware section..please...thanks...
    Last edited by carlitos287; 04-18-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Moved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like a complete PITA, and opens you up to some liability issues.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are talking about removing a baseband eeprom chip, plugging it into an eeprom programmer and overwriting the 5.12.01 baseband with an older one?

Good luck! Personally, I'd wait for a software unlocks and waiting on older software than cracking the phone open, voiding the warranty and risk screwing up the phone.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Geohotz is the only one that I know of to do a hardware unlock on an iphone and it is EXTREMELY hard and he is a genius (literally) with this stuff.

Go ahead and give it up....if you could do it, not trying to sound harsh...but people would be doing instead of going without.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    Sounds like a complete PITA, and opens you up to some liability issues.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are talking about removing a baseband eeprom chip, plugging it into an eeprom programmer and overwriting the 5.12.01 baseband with an older one?

Good luck! Personally, I'd wait for a software unlocks and waiting on older software than cracking the phone open, voiding the warranty and risk screwing up the phone.
    This is EXACTLY what is done. However, removal of the baseband chip and resoldering it is NOT a walk in the park. I have looked into this. You need an infrared rework station and not a soldering iron. You can get the chip programmer anywhere online, it is just do you have the know-how to reprogram it and write whatever code you need to? I've seen this done, and it takes some skill to do, with no guarantee you don't ruin anything else on the board. A portion of the board is heated up to 7-800 degrees I believe to remove the chip.
    How to fix #3 CONNECTORS:
    http://hectordtruong.blogspot.com/