Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2g White screen looked everywhere for answer

Default iPhone 2g White screen looked everywhere for answer
    hi,
    i have an iphone 2g and it was working fine a couple of days ago but the battery died and wouldnt turn on so i let it charge abd then when i switch it on it stsy on a white screen i know the phone is booting becuase of the vibrations and whin i connect it to itunes it just says that the iphone has a lockcode so i cant use it on itunes, so it is wirking, tries resting by holding power and home button but it just comes back with white screen really quickly again.

Regards

Hmm, from searching around I might have something... hopefully you can see it.

In iTunes, when it's stuck on the white screen and plugged in, do you get a feature that has "unlock iPhone" anywhere within the program? I am not trying to insult you but anyone can overlook the smallest things sometimes. I am guilty of it once in awhile!

I know you most likely really do not want to restore the phone without backing it up. So let me ask you... is your iPhone jailbroken? If yes then I think we can possibly find some third party software to backup your iPhone before proceeding to restore the firmware.

Edit:

No luck. I will try another $30 down to see if that fixes it...
    Last edited by inamra; 05-06-2010 at 07:40 PM.