+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperately need help please!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so heres what i did, i recently got new housing for my iphone 3g and i "tried" to do it myself with a tutorial that i found on youtube
    iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Desperately need help please!
    ok so heres what i did, i recently got new housing for my iphone 3g and i "tried" to do it myself with a tutorial that i found on youtube (the tutorial was a good one btw) everything was going pretty good so far but when i reassembled my iphone the power button wouldnt get pushed back up when pressed, the bezel wasnt completely shut and thats not worst of it, the home button wasnt working! everything seemed to be working except the home button. i opened it back up to see if maybe one of the cables had come off or if something was wrong with the button. but i coudldnt find the problem so i put it back together and when i turned tried to turn it on the screen wouldnt turn on but there was sound, so i opened it back up to see if the screen cable came off but it was still attached. my iphone was then stuck on "ON" with no visuals and when i woke up this morning it was stuck on vibrate even though i tried switching the switch on and off. the thing just wouldnt stop vibrating. so if anybody knows what i did wrong please tell me and if possible give me a better guide with visuals and for anybody who lives in Toronto, Canada...if anyone knows of a place in Toronto that can fix my iphone please send me a message or post it on here with the address. thanks. i really hope i can get this fixed. if not im am upgrading to a new smart phone anyways. i wanna try something new either than an iphone. i like having a real keyboard.

im at the yorkdale apple store typing this thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Man I was thinking about doing this my self but you have changed my mind.

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

lmao, sorry man. to be honest it was kinda my fault. i was so excited i kinda rushed into it. i didnt even feed my 2 lizards when i got home. they didnt eat that whole day. and i stripped a screw but luckily my moms bf knew how to repair that tiny little thing. if you do decide to do it, i suggest you let someone experience in electronics do it or watch a lot of videos and take it slow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

try and do a restore
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here