+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Restore Problems

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, Okay. I have recently had fw 3.0 (installed by self) for a couple months and decided to attempt to upgrade to a later version (3.1.2). At the time I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Restore Problems
    Hello,

Okay. I have recently had fw 3.0 (installed by self) for a couple months and decided to attempt to upgrade to a later version (3.1.2). At the time I was going through the procedure, I was unaware that there was no unlocking software for this firmware yet, so I had my jailbroken iPhone but could not use it. I then attempted to downgrade back to a older firmware (3.1) and I am getting errors when trying to restore through iTunes (shift+click) saying the restore could not be done or something something.

Now I am stuck with a non-functional iPhone which basically keeps showing th e picture with the USB cable and the iTunes logo. Can anyone troubleshoot me how to go through with this?

Thanks

I'm not sure if this was the wrong section for this problem but if it was, sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Restore back to 3.1.2, as the baseband has already been upgraded and can't work with 3.1

Once you get 3.1.2, goto blackra1n.com and download black rain. Launch it, it'll jailbreak. Then on your iPhone, you'll see the blackra1n app. Launch it and install BlackSn0w to unlock it

DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.1.3!