Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g washed

Default 3g washed
    phone went through wash cycle tried to dry it for a few days no display but makes tweet when connecting to itunes took it apart and cleaned all cables reassembled but still the same is there something that still needs cleaned or is it dead

Might have just killed the display. If you're willing to sink $$ into a potentially futile effort, try replacing the front assembly. Or if you have a friend who's very open minded, swap in their display and see if it works first. I know none of my friends would let me do this in 100 years, but maybe you have some who aren't in a love affair with their phone.

Otherwise, maybe consider selling it to someone. Cancel the rest of your contract in June and get the new one when it inevitably comes out. Might be your best case scenario financially and feature wise, assuming you can live without an iPhone for 2 or 3 months.

I tried another LCD same result guess I can try cleaning again

Yea, definitely get some rubbing alcohol all over the 1,2,3 connectors. You might have a short going on up there due to some residual water. Take the board out and just go over both sides with a Q-tip and alcohol anywhere that looks suspicious. At this point, I don't see many other options.

Ok I think I'll take the board out and use contact cleaner and maybe a tooth brush. The cleaner I have is for gold contacts. I need a more sure way of connecting cable 1 and 2.

Yea, I didn't even think of that. It could very well be that you aren't connecting those right the first time around or don't take enough care putting the screen back on and pull one out. Try turning it on with the screen plugged in but not back in, that way you can watch that all the connections are in fact made.