+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Housing

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So a i sent a friend of mine a few housings to paint for fun and he did a great job and sent them back and they were awesome. But
    Thanks

Default New Housing
    So a i sent a friend of mine a few housings to paint for fun and he did a great job and sent them back and they were awesome. But he still had one left and yesterday i got the last one back in the mail, i didn't even know he had painted it or anything.

What do you guys think? I think it a bit too much but is still pretty cool?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Are those your actual pics, cause they say "hydro-dip" in the bottom corner

And hydro-dipping is a process of transferring an image onto another surface by dipping the material into a tank of water with the image floating along the top, basically. Its not painted on at all.

Sorry, but I just dont think those are your pics.

Thanks

Wow, not that observant. Exactly, where do you think i had them painted? My friend Scott who works at hydro-dip did this for me and actually they are PAINTED. just like I wrote in my last posting when I had (my friend Scott, from hydro-dip) PAINT my last housing. It is sanded, prepped, primed, and painted (in this case it was PAINTED candy blue) then it has a print of Ink transferred onto it using the Water transfer technique which is commonly know as water dipping or hydro dipping.

So if by "you don't think these are my pics" you mean i did not take them then your correct. But if you mean that these pics aren't of my housing then sorry you wrong. This is my housing which was PAINTED candy blue with a carbon fiber ink print applied over top of the PAINT and then air brushed flames PAINTED over top of that.

Anyway if anyone has a comment about just how it looks then i would love to hear it.

Last edited by LBPlayr; 04-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks

That back looks a little to "ghetto" for me with the blue flame...
    Without the flame is would be awesome.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

I thought about doing just a plain black realistic looking carbon fiber. But the guy that did it just decided to paint it like this lol i sent it to me. I dont hate it, i think it looks cool but i think it would look better just white with the blue flames or just the carbon fiber like you said =)

The 20th Member
    Thanks

nice i think its looks ok but just too much going on almost makes it look like a case and not the actual housing... i get the same thing on my green iphone ppl think its a case till i hand it to them then i get the whole, "how did you get a green one?" but that does look good hope you enjoy your pimped ipad nano
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol