Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: homebutton + proximity sensor not working after fix

Default homebutton + proximity sensor not working after fix
    Hi,

After a damaged LCD and digitizer I replaced both.
    After assembly my iphone boots up, and it seems to work, but the home button is not working. I checked to see if the proximity sensor is working, and it is not working either.
    Does anyone has an idea what could cause this? Does this has to do with connector 3?
    I tried to call with the phone, and the earspeaker is working properly.
    edit: Sorry have to tell you that it's a 16GB 3G

Thanks
    Last edited by driesdk; 04-07-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks

You probably damaged the #3 flex or connector, or you got a damaged/subpar replacement unit. Did you get the #3 flex seated properly and the little locking tab snapped back down?

For the home
    button, check the underside of the digitizer and make sure both the spring tabs that make contact with the dock connector are intact.

Thanks, atm, the proximity sensor isn't my biggest concern, I just thought it had to do with eachother, and the home button was somehow connected to the logicboard by ribbon 3, but this explains a lot to me. Thanks!

Sorry for this dumb question, but if the last 2 screws on the bottom on the phone are not in place, could this cause my problem? If thats the case I'll try it when I get home, and if it is I'm gonna feel pretty dumb today

Thanks

Yeah the two screws could cause the home buttton issue. If you put pressure on the area around the home button it should work if the screws are the only problem

Get rise screws in!! If you drop the phone without them in, you are gonna be bummin'

Edit - those, not rise, those
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 04-07-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost