Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone battery suddenly died

Exclamation iPhone battery suddenly died
    It was working GREAT until last Friday. That was the day when it just started to go downhill. I could use the phone all day with medium to heavy use before then. I just ran a test, less than 5 hours of STANDBY time from a full charge to 0 charge (won't even turn on). It's basically brand new (three months old). Any advice? Thanks...

Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Try reconditioning the battery. Basically let it run completly down. Then after it is fully dead let it charge for a full 10-12 hours. After that repeat maybe one more time if you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

magician13134 (04-06-2010)

Alright, I'll try that now. I don't know if it matters, but the last thing I did on it before I noticed symptoms was run MyWi for a study group at Starbucks. I had about 5 people on the internet for about 2 hours (while it was plugged in), I've never used MyWi that heavily before. After that, I started to notice problems... I don't want to suggest that there is a correlation here, but I just wondered if other people may have had this problem? Thanks

Alright, thanks. That worked
    Last edited by magician13134; 04-06-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost