Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g not working after it was dropped---Any comments please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g not working after it was dropped---Any comments please
    Ok so it is an iphone 3g. It was dropped and now the home and lock buttons do not work. Also the screen doesnt register any touches.

I took out the front panel of my own 3g and put it into this one and then it recognizes touches and everything, but the buttuns still do not work. So i believe it needs a new digitizer. correct?

As for the home and lock buttons I'm at a loss. Do they need to be replaced? Is it a ribbon causing the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

sounds like some stuff got knocked loose have you tried to press the top right corer of the display and hit the power button
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    sounds like some stuff got knocked loose have you tried to press the top right corer of the display and hit the power button
    Hey thanks for the reply. And yes when i press on the top right corner the power button does work.
    Is there a fix for this?
    And what about the home button?

**The home button and volume work with my working front panel only. I still have to press on the screen in order for the lock button to work.
    Last edited by Mizun0h; 04-05-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks

Probably need to open the phone and re-seat any loose connectors

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Probably need to open the phone and re-seat any loose connectors
    all connections are properly reseated.

im guessing there is now a slight gap in the top right corner between the chrome and housing if its like that it mean it has come off the adhesive to hold the chrome frame down. try take the phone apart where its only housing and chrome bezel and glue down the loose corners.. make sure to keep pressure on it afterward for a few mins i use my xbox to keep pressure on it and it works wonders
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    im guessing there is now a slight gap in the top right corner between the chrome and housing if its like that it mean it has come off the adhesive to hold the chrome frame down. try take the phone apart where its only housing and chrome bezel and glue down the loose corners.. make sure to keep pressure on it afterward for a few mins i use my xbox to keep pressure on it and it works wonders
    Hi you are definitely right there is a gap. Ill try glueing it down tonight. And I assume that that will fix the lock button issues.

**But i realized something else yesterday. When i put this broken front panel in my working 3g (i use lock info), i can move the top part of the screen and not the botttom. So is the digitizer really broken? or is it a softwawre issue?
    Ive already done a full restore btw.

nope thats the digitizer gone bad just have to get a new one i can fix for a small if you like or you can do it yourself... bbut the digitizer must be replaced. yay after more than 2 years i finally hit 100 posts
    Last edited by Gyngabread Man; 04-07-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: im too cool