Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G bad colors on display - inverted

Default iPhone 3G bad colors on display - inverted
    Hello,

I have a problem with my iPhone 3G. I've played some games, then suspended for about 5 minutes and then unlock it and the display shows this nicely colours. It never fell or anything, so I do not see how it could happen. It shows like inverted + light. Photo looks a little worse than reality, but basically it's useless for anything other than listening to MP3 and calling. Can it be fixed by SW? Is there any color management, where I could at least do a little help? I have got JB and tried restoring, but still same. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by PikaTux; 04-01-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: screen

well that looks annoying
    humm it looks like uve done a screenshot of the screen which must mean its the software, but you've restored and still no luck hum.. :/

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Looks like the LCD either has a bad connection or is damaged.

It's not screenshot. It's taken by camera and cropped in PC. I am looking for anything like color management or contrast function in JB iPhone.

Thanks

Again, the LCD IS SHOT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

restart it?
    if not then LCD, which u didnt drop, hopefully its under warranty

alomst looks like the accessibility option white on black try to see if it somehow got turned on by going setting->general->accessibility and see if white on black is on if its off im gonna also say the lcd is no good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nah its not accessible, cause theres is lots of orange, but here is smthng different.

No it's not working. It's also showing in boot screen - white background and black apple. Too bad, I am 1 month out of warranty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTux View Post
    No it's not working. It's also showing in boot screen - white background and black apple. Too bad, I am 1 month out of warranty.
    I can replace the LCD for you if you want, PM me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It seems your LCD or fpc connector on board for LCD is bad.
    Please check them
    no signature spam or links please.

I checked it inside and found nothing abnormal.

my iphone is doing the same thing. did you ever figure this out? im pretty sure it has something to do with the lcd ribbon 1.

Default same problem
    hey. i just recently had the same problem. i ordered a new scree, digitizer, and lcd for my phone. i put all of the BRAND NEW stuff in and it still isn't working. Dont waste your money on new stuff, since i am living proof that it doesnt help. when you buy replacement parts, they come with new ribbons.. so its obviously not the ribbon. im gonna do more research to find out OTHER possibilities. process of elimination people...

its not your lcd.

its not your ribbon.

lets all get together and try to figure this out.

thank god the NEW iPHONE comes out in a month.

is there any thread around here which specifies what you need to fix an iphones glass? As far as I know, when you drop it you can break the glass, digitizer and/or lcd screen. I've got a 3g that I opened up bc it doesnt respond to touch but im not sure what to replace
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08