Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G non responsive - crashed screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2G non responsive - crashed screen
    Hi Forum,

I know there are a lot of the same questions and i've looked through loads of forums and still can't find an answer to my problem so i'm hoping someone can help me pls.

The problem: I have a 2G 1.1.1 pwnage jailbroken iphone firmware updated to 2.1.1
    All worked well till this week, when the screen started to flash black but once charged came good, not the case any more,
    The screen is now always black and flashes but will not turn on, My pc or itunes will not recogonise it at all, it won't go into DFU mode and I can't get any power into it no matter how long i charge it for, all that happens is the black and grey flashing,
    I'm wondering if its an lcd screen or battery problem or well I don't really know so pls can someone help!!

Thanks

First off congrats on the 1.1.1 firmware, I would first hold the power/sleep and home button down for 30-45 seconds to reset the iphone. This may bring it back. I would pwnage update to 3.0 fw or 2.2.1 fw cuz I really think 2.2.1 and 3.0 were good at no being battery hogs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mike

Phone wont turn on, i've tried holding down both the home and power key still no response(even for 3-5 minutes), and the pc doesn't see it to update or try to re pwange?

The screen just looks like its powered off and flickers black with lines but won't power up at all, pluged into wall for 10 hrs still nothing and pc just does not see it.......

Thanks

Do this-Keep your iphone plugged in to your computer and restart your computer while phone is still plugged in then open up itunes and give it a second to recognize it. BTW you should hear the charging chime on your phone as your computer is restarting to give you some indications they are meeting each other again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No charging chime still does not see the pc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The problem: I have a 2G 1.1.1 pwnage jailbroken iphone firmware updated to 2.1.1
    All worked well till this week, when the screen started to flash black but once charged came good, not the case any more,
    The screen is now always black and flashes but will not turn on, My pc or itunes will not recogonise it at all, it won't go into DFU mode and I can't get any power into it no matter how long i charge it for, all that happens is the black and grey flashing,
    I'm wondering if its an lcd screen or battery problem or well I don't really know so pls can someone help!!