Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: barred phone

Default barred phone
    hi guys i work for a bus company and found a 3g on the bus 6 weeks ago was given it as it was never claimed if i change the motherboard would that get rid of the barred network as ive foned o2 and they cant do anything for me which i understand as i wouldnt if it were me any help

As a recent experience with losing my phone, I would suggest taking it to o2 store or what have you and see if they can't locate the owner using the card. However, 6 weeks is a long time if no one claimed it, perhaps they never thought they left it on the bus.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree! Do the right thing

i did take it to o2 they barred the fone the day it went missing there they have replaced the phone under the guys insurance so they told me i could hand it in to them and they would refurbish it or i could keep it so i was wondering if the network chip was on the mainboard and replacing it would give me a phone i did the right thing by handing in at work i know this is a touvhy subject was just after a bit of advice thanks guys

Thanks

It's a parts phone now. Used logic boards aren't cheap.

ok watchin a couple on fleebay but will leave it and strip it down for spares

I'll take... Jk, don't need any parts ATM.

Must be nice to be able to get insurance to cover ur phone. From what AT&T tells me here, u can't get insurance on the iPhone to cover things like that. Only the warranty/insurance to cover hardware problems.