Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Lock button woes.

Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Lock button woes.
    My iPhone 3G 16GB is having problems with it's lock button. I have to either put an insane amount of pressure to make it work, or jiggle it around.
    Ideas?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

lock button? you mean the sleep/on/off button?

try loosening the 2 screws thats holding the button from the inside. you can do this by popping off the screen which is pretty easy. check out some vids on youtube for how to!

Thanks

You can also try using a small amount of electronics spray cleaner, I prefer Deoxit D5, it's amazing. I had a similar issue with my volume rocker, volume down worked but volume up was intermittent at best. One little spritz later and it worked like new.

Thanks

I put a small piece of paper in between the two pieces as a shim and it still does not work... Might have to try alternatives.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks

Alternatives? Like a proper cleaner instead of rigging it with paper shims? Good idea!!

Thanks

How would I do that? If it's just a button? How do you apply the cleaner?

Thanks

What do you mean, " if it's just a button"? What else would it be?

I like to use a q- tip rather than spraying it. It is an amazing penetrant so it will work it's way into the button

lmao
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]