Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no audio during phone call. please help!!!

Default no audio during phone call. please help!!!
    I have an iphone 3gs unlocked on firmware 3.1.2 using blacksn0w

I'm using tmobile in the US

the phone hasn't been dropped, now water damage. it has never been opened or repaired by anyone besides apple.

I have not installed anything weird from jailbreak store. definitely nothing that modifies speaker audio etc. etc.

just today I noticed that when I'm on a phone call sometimes there is no audio for either me or the caller. I can't hear them and they can't hear me. it is intermittent if I wait long enough it comes back and it doesn't seem to be a pattern. sometimes it cuts out for a few seconds sometimes nearly a minute and I can not think of anything that would be triggering this.

is this a known issue?

I have apple care on the phone but its hard to get it covered under warranty when the problem is with phone calls and I can not demonstrate this without admitting its unlocked. Even if I do managed to get it replaced, its likely my replacement will not be unlockable....

please help, any suggestions are good suggestions

Thanks

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

yeah I tried all the normal stuff, reboot of the iphone. a hard reboot. even a restore of software and re-jailbreak etc. etc. nothing seems to be working which is why its a hardware problem I think...

Thanks

I would try to deal with it until the new jailbreak comes out. ( if it comes out )

maybe someone else will have an idea

Does the same thing happen with any handsfree device?

it happens when I'm using the actual iPhone