+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Dock assembly: Where to find?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Where can I find a DECENT dock connector assembly (speaker, mic, dock connector)? I've tried eBay but after getting my first replacement, I am having second thoughts. The first model
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Dock assembly: Where to find?
    Where can I find a DECENT dock connector assembly (speaker, mic, dock connector)? I've tried eBay but after getting my first replacement, I am having second thoughts. The first model I received had a bum mic, and the second model I received has a bum speaker!! Argh! It is not fun to carefully take apart teh iPhone, remove logic board, just to get to the freakin' dock assembly. I mean, it's nice that it is just an antenna and flex cable clip, but still! It is so annoying to do all that work to find that the mic or speaker does not work.

Is this normal, as far as getting crap parts are concerned? Are there any other sites that offer quality products? I tried ifixit, but all they sell for 3gs is display junk. Anyone have any luck with cnn.cn? I've tried them with other stuff in the past, but I don't want to get burned anymore.

Thanks!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

PM me, I will send you one from the store here.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ubreakifix.com is good. i purchased a headphone flex cable and it was perfect.

Thanks

I was looking at possibly going with them (they have auctions up on eBay) but it's like $40, and I just want to be sure I am getting the best that I can
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

They are awful and rude. Do not buy from them.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^^ good to know!

Thanks

I got one from amazon. you can search it.
    Um,can't choose one bluetooth headphone between those two. One has longer Standby Time. Another one is cheaper and Wireless.
    I want to have a substantial one for daily call.

Thanks

Amazon is like only 1/4 step above eBay. I was asking here simply because there are some very knowledgeable members that either have a connection somewhere, or know of a good site to get the part from.

That being said, how did it work out for you?