+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HomeBuilt iPhone 2G problems.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all I've recently kludged together a semi-decent iPhone 2G out of some parts. (It came to me with a Water-damaged 3G 8GB [Which I've since revived]) It works fine
    Thanks

Default HomeBuilt iPhone 2G problems.
    Hey all I've recently kludged together a semi-decent iPhone 2G out of some parts. (It came to me with a Water-damaged 3G 8GB [Which I've since revived]) It works fine except Sounds and vibrate, and any kind of communication.
    The IMEI and ICCID are unknown/unassigned. Any idea how to reassign? Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are not detected.
    The Comm board might be toasted since this one came from a 2G that was run over by a car and has some flex on it. But I've soldered a battery to it and the battery holds a nice charge and runs fine, so at least some of it works...
    I'm open to swapping the Comm board and resoldering the battery, if I have to. I know how to solder so it's OK.
    I might also want to sell this iPhone, if there are any interested, but that is not for this topic.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Commboard is toast, along with a few other things.

Thanks

Thanks for the response...
    I tried some other comm boards without batteries soldered on and they would just give me Apple's and then like a complete halt. Ideas? The One I tried took a trip down the toilet (Empty thank god) I'll try another one today. I hope to get this phone perfect as a spare or to sell.
    BTW, how many iPhones do you have CPJR? I also hope to give my 3G a custom housing in the future.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)