+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speaker issue

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yesterday all the sudden my earpiece speaker just started sounding raspy. What gives? My 3G is only about 4 months old. I bought from some guy off Craig'sList. I seen
    iPhone? More like MyPhone samson_420's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Speaker issue
    Yesterday all the sudden my earpiece speaker just started sounding raspy. What gives?

My 3G is only about 4 months old. I bought from some guy off Craig'sList. I seen him take it out of the box.

It is still usable, but the earpiece speaker just sounds raspy like it's blown.

I never even turn my speaker up past 2 maybe 3 bars at most.

Is this 100% hardware caused or can it be a software issue also?

I did a hard reboot, no change.

Also, is there a possible way to get it replaced through apple? I don't have At&T for a service provider.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Thanks

If the phone is only 4 months old, then it should be covered by apple for another 8 months. So you should be able to just go to your local apple store and show them and they will either fix it or replace it for you. But you'll have to restore it if it is jailbroken because if you take it in there with it jailbroken you can say byebye to your warranty.

I used to be on Tmobile and had a jailbroken iphone and so when i had issues i just restored it and took it in and never had a problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone samson_420's Avatar
    Thanks

I just checked, it is fully warrantied until January of 2011.

But, I tried to get it to sound normal. . . . Yeah, I know.

I blew air straight into the earpiece and it sounds normal again.

I know now I can get it warrantied, but this thing is Ghost Armored and took hours of work. All my Apps are backed up but the ghost armor will cost another 30 Bucks. . . . . .

WTF? I thought these speakers were better then that. I didn't even do anything to it.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Sometimes it just happens. If you feel comfortable doing the repair yourself I can try to walk you through it. The professional way to do it would require completely disassembling the display assembly(LCD, Digitizer, Mid-Frame), removing the proximity sensor cover, and gently prying out the old earpiece. After that you can reassemble the display and put it back into the phone. I would say the most advanced part of this repair is removing the digitizer from the mid-frame without breaking or damaging the digitizer and/or glass.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME