+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frozen iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3Gs and it went into restore loop (after pressing both buttons) it starts with the white apple and loops on and off but never stopping showing the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Frozen iPhone 3GS
    I have a 3Gs and it went into restore loop (after pressing both buttons) it starts with the white apple and loops on and off but never stopping showing the apple sign. I read on one of the posts about leaving buttons pressed until a USB and iTunes logo appears. It does, but when I connect it to the iTunes software it wants to restore it with the new 3.1.3 software. I dont want to lose my unlocked/jailbroken status. How can I restore to 3.1.2 without iTunes trying to install 3.1.3? I CANT USE MY CELL! Thanks

Thanks

well did u have it jailbroken on 3.1.2 and if u did, did it save u a shsh file? of so, then u should follow the process in the guide section on restoring 3GS with saved shsh file

hit that thank button :-)
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Mine does that every once in awhile. If I connect it to my computer via USB with iTunes open and leave it sit for 10-15 minutes it comes back. Don't press buttons, just have patience. At least this works for me. No clue why....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your replys. Unfortunately I bought the phone aleeady jailbeoken ans I dont have the copy od the shsh file. I had to update it to 3.1,3, so there went my jailbroken and unlockedness. Is there a way to jailbreak the new version?

Green Apple
    Thanks

you maybe have just set a bad file in ur raw file system causes boot loop i have gone through 3 3gs over bad files but i still want to find a way to fix this with the return method