Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery dies quickly

Default Battery dies quickly
    Hello

My 7 months old 3GS 32 MB all of a sudden began to lose battery charge very quickly

Last charge time was 2 hours ago to 100% and currently it's battery level is 67% although I didn't use the phone except for about 5 minutes talking and less than 1 minutes wifi

all battery consuming applications and settings are either disabled or minimized

I still receive mails although I turned 3G & wifi off and also push notifications and location services.

Any ideas what could be causing this or is it my bad luck with the battery ?

Shall I change the battery and see what's wrong ?

It has increased to 75% now without using the phone at all !!!!!!!!!!
    ( this is after 15 minutes of the original post )
    Last edited by Tronky; 03-08-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wierd , restore might be at hand but careful if u dont have ur shsh file saved
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Could be something that you installed from cydia. I try to keep what I install from there to a minimum but a while ago I had battery issues and decided to restore, then setup as new ipod. Fixed it for me but you will lose your jailbreak.

Twitter: @tshoults

Update:
    last night it died once again after a couple of hours with total talk time less than 30 minutes and it refuses to recharge even though I left in the charger all night long hoping that it will show some mercy

The silly thing is that I moved 2 days ago to a another country and another job and I have no other phone in hand yet.........feel paralyzed

I just started having this problem myself. Yesterday I could easily listen to my music for about 12 hours. Now today from a full charge I can only get about 4 and half hours of music and the back of my phone gets very hot. It only seems to do this while listing to music or watching videos. Everything else seems to work as it should, but as soon as I turn on some music my battery goes very very fast. From 100% 2 hours later its at 50% only listing to music while in sleep mode.

ive tried to fix alot of iphones which have this problem and not luck! i restored and changed the battery and nothing! i even tried using high pressure cans on the board to clean it but nothing ! im not sure what goes wrong and the battry goes away so damn fast!

You can replace the battery.
    Um,can't choose one bluetooth headphone between those two. One has longer Standby Time. Another one is cheaper and Wireless.
    I want to have a substantial one for daily call.