Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G showing "Not Connected" next to wifi

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3G showing "Not Connected" next to wifi
    Hi,

I have always been able to connect to wireless networks - including mine - with my jailbroken iPhone 3G (firmware 3.1.2) , however, today Wifi is showing "Not Connected" as if there are no wifi networks in sight. All the computers and iPhones in my house are connecting to internet using Wifi. I am stuck with 3G.

I have tried Reset Network Settings which did not seem to help... I have also gone to the Wifi menu, clicked "other" and then typed in my network's SSID, but it says the network is unavailable.

Of course, I would prefer not to have to restore my iPhone as that would require rejailbreaking and setting up my categories again.

All the iPhones in my house are on firmware 3.1.2. I cannot upgrade to 3.1.3 because of jailbreak.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Adam

Does anyone have the same problem or know of an answer?

Thanks.
    Last edited by shmootz; 03-08-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same here, and i also have iPhone 3G 3.1.2.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Exclamation Do not restore if you rely on ultrasn0w or other unlock!
    Quote Originally Posted by hazamajaza View Post
    Same here, and i also have iPhone 3G 3.1.2.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    Ok, I attempted to restore my phone (with jailbreak using Pwnagetool). After I restored, I realised that I had no way of would have a hard time getting the UltraSn0w unlock because of my lack of wifi after the restore.

I have tried transferring the ultrasn0w .deb file via DiskAid and Cyder 2 for PC.

If you need UltraSn0w or any other unlock and have this problem, make sure you know what you are doing and how to get UltraSn0w onto the device if you want to attempt restoring.

EDIT: I got my 3G working again after the restore. Now back to the original post, is there any way to get wifi working or is the module dead? Again, I did just restore .
    Last edited by shmootz; 03-11-2010 at 06:15 AM.

I had the same problem.
    To fix all I had to do was reset network setting once or twice then all was good again.