Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How many ways to turn off iPhone?

Default How many ways to turn off iPhone?
    Digitizer is broken, no way to use "slide to power off" on the screen. How can the iPhone be shut off?

My ideas:
    1) replace digitizer, that will take about 5 days for shipping. Even if I had a digitizer laying around, the phone will still be on during the repair.

2) remove battery. I don't even want to go there.

3) let battery drain. That will take more than a week.

Is there a simple way to turn off an iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Digitizer is broken, no way to use "slide to power off" on the screen. How can the iPhone be shut off?
    My ideas:
    1) replace digitizer, that will take about 5 days for shipping. Even if I had a digitizer laying around, the phone will still be on during the repair.
    if your'e gonna replace the digitizer, you'll be taking enough off that you're gonna have to unplug the battery anyway

2) remove battery. I don't even want to go there.
    see post 1
    3) let battery drain. That will take more than a week.
    no it wont, turn on wifi, bluetooth, brightness all the way up and find a couple hour long videos on youtube
    Is there a simple way to turn off an iPhone?

Thanks

Hold home + power. It should turn off without the need for using the screen.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Hold home + power. It should turn off without the need for using the screen.
    That is it. Thank you so much.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Yup...and even if you needed to swap the digitizer, disconnecting the screen assembly with the phone on, isnt the end of the world....it would be fine.

cpjr,

Repair went perfect. iPhone was still on when I got it all back together a week later.

With screen assembly completely removed from phone, vibrate switch did not work. So maybe phone somewhat powered down during the repair, or at least some of the circuits were not powered.