+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple iPhone Replacement program question

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm currently using a unlocked iphone 3GS 16GB running 3.1.2. If I get this phone replaced by apple, will they replace it with a phone using the latest firmware 3.1.3
    What's Jailbreak? jstchillin.365's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Apple iPhone Replacement program question
    I'm currently using a unlocked iphone 3GS 16GB running 3.1.2. If I get this phone replaced by apple, will they replace it with a phone using the latest firmware 3.1.3 or simply the older 3.1.2?

Btw, the problem with my phone is I can't connect to a wifi signal. Yes, I restarted, restored and did everything.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

more than likely u will get a 3.1.3 fw on a oow iphone replacement but u can always check the version and baseband before u by just say u changed ur mind.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    more than likely u will get a 3.1.3 fw on a oow iphone replacement but u can always check the version and baseband before u by just say u changed ur mind.
    thanks for you reply.

Do you think I can ask them for a 3.1.2? They might notice I'm going to unlock it,but is it worth asking?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They probably don't even have a stock of 3.1.2 phones to begin with, and I doubt they would honor that request. It never hurts though.

Thanks

if ur lucky enough to speak to a cool genuis then he/she may get u 3.1.2 otherwise it will be 3.1.3 and 5.12 baseband and defeat the whole purpose. Just try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I didn't want to make a new thread since my question also relates to the replacement program.

I bought my iPhone 2G from a friend a couple months ago, then jailbroke and unlocked the phone. Now the phone is broken, it randomly crashes(don't think it's because of jailbreaking), overheats, speaker is kinda busted, and sometimes isn't even recognized in iTunes(have to hit it a few times to make it work). I don't have a warranty because I'm using the phone on TMobile. If I were to go to an Apple Store, would they actually replace my iPhone even if I restore the firmware and am under TMobile? If so, would they give me a iPhone 2G, or a newer model? Thanks!

About the original post, can't you just revert to the 3.1.2 firmware even if the iPhone is under 3.1.3?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aeronez For This Useful Post:

jstchillin.365 (03-05-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronez View Post
    I didn't want to make a new thread since my question also relates to the replacement program.

I bought my iPhone 2G from a friend a couple months ago, then jailbroke and unlocked the phone. Now the phone is broken, it randomly crashes(don't think it's because of jailbreaking), overheats, speaker is kinda busted, and sometimes isn't even recognized in iTunes(have to hit it a few times to make it work). I don't have a warranty because I'm using the phone on TMobile. If I were to go to an Apple Store, would they actually replace my iPhone even if I restore the firmware and am under TMobile? If so, would they give me a iPhone 2G, or a newer model? Thanks!

About the original post, can't you just revert to the 3.1.2 firmware even if the iPhone is under 3.1.3?
    If you want to get a iphone replaced, it has to be under 1 year warranty or has a apple care protection. If so, it doesn't matter if they update the firmware to 3.1.3 on 2G phones since there old

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was thinking that I would be under the Out-Of-Warranty Service Apple - Support - iPhone - Service FAQ I'm willing to pay the $199 for the repair, but I wasn't sure if they wouldn't fix it if I didn't have an AT&T Sim card, since I'm under TMobile.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronez View Post
    I was thinking that I would be under the Out-Of-Warranty Service Apple - Support - iPhone - Service FAQ I'm willing to pay the $199 for the repair, but I wasn't sure if they wouldn't fix it if I didn't have an AT&T Sim card, since I'm under TMobile.
    They would most likely replace/fix it without the at&t sim since your paying $199. They would pick that rather you simply not having a sim. If they ever ask you, say its been used with another phone and give your friends at&t number

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jstchillin.365 For This Useful Post:

aeronez (03-05-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks, I guess I'll be on my way to the Apple Store next week.

Thanks

I would just say it's water damaged pay the 149 or 199 and if it's on 3.1.3 for 2g u can unlock it cuz program works for 2g.

On 3gs there is no downgrading from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 as the baseband has been updated everybody is crying about this
    Last edited by mikerlx; 03-05-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I haz a number
    Thanks

This is what I have heard regarding 2g. If you take it to Apple Store for Battery Replacement, they give you a perfect refurbished 2g iPhone for something like $80. Not sure what the elgibility requirements are however. Expensive for a battery, but cheap to get a perfect 2g iPhone. I would go this route to replace a 2g. Nothing to lose but the time. Good luck.