Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! LCD wont turn on after cracked screen fix

Default Help!! LCD wont turn on after cracked screen fix
    I opend my iphone 3g to replace the cracked glass. And when putting it back together the lcd will not turn on!
    I know for a fact its not the lcd because I tried it with a different phone and it worked fine. And I tried a different phones lcd on my phone and it would not turn on.

So im assuming it has something to do with my phone's lcd connector..

The phone itself works fine, Itunes recognizes it, and when I change from silent to vibrate it makes the vibration. So the hardrive on the iphone seems to be on and working fine..

What can I do?
    Any help is appreciated!! thankyou!!

Try a hard reset. If that does not work, you may have damage the connection on the mother board.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Also sounds like you could have flicked the On/Off Button when replacing the screen, thus when reconnecting the LCD it was not picked up correctly.

If the reset does not work, I would recommend prying the battery slightly to disconnect, then reconnect it. This should turn the phone completely off (It wont vibrate etc.)

Reconnect the LCD Screen and Digitizer, turn it on and fingers crossed it should be ok! If not, there may be an issue with the LCD itself by the sounds of things.

If you do the above though, it will completely void your warranty so be aware of that just in case!

DO NOT DO THAT....
    All you have to do is force a hard reset or plug the phone into your computer until it boots.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

ok guys thanks for the help!

What happend was, The phone ran of battery a bit later, then I plugged it up the charge and then the screen turned on, strange??

It happens, glad to hear it is working now

EDIT: It is working now, right?

Apologies guys,

The above was advice I recieved which helped.

So Melech518, a Hard Reset will basically do a similar thing, but obviously not as dangerous to the iPhone itself?

Thanks

I don't think "prying" on anything in the iPhone
    is a good idea

Lol, it's not...

well my iphone have same problem should i let it dry the batteri and plug into the pc again? thx

Default Same problem
    I'm having the same problem. My screen was broken recently, but it still worked. I bought a lcd/digitizer assembly from Global Direct and after installing it I have a black screen. I can sync to my computer, my alarm still go's off, I can accidently get my music to play, the phone vibrates when I shut the side button, and it will ring, but no screen. I've tried a reset, and a hard reset and the phone makes the noises like it's resetting but still nothing. I've removed and installed the assembly a few times but still nothing. I even looked at the mobo connecters under a powerful magnifying glass to check for a damaged connector, but it looks fine.I've also rebooted my computer with the phone connected. (Someone offered that as a solution on a forum). I know this is probably a dumb question but is it possible the battery is so low that it won't allow the screen to come on even though it can still make sounds and sync to the computer through usb ? I'm in the process of sending the screen assembly back for a replacement if it is bad, but if it's not, I have to pay not only the freight to send it to them , but the freight back. Anyone have a clue? thanks, Rick

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Its either a bad connection with the LCD, or a bad LCD.

Thanks

Some of these places will ship out crap LCDs and just claim /you/ damaged it. There is also the possibility /you/ did damage it during installation, which is very easy to do

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Yup, if you flex the LCD at all, it is very easy to damage.

Thanks

I got a pretty cheap LCD from a seller. I mean it works, but it has 2 dead pixels, and there is like a yellow-ish backlight border that I think is from the battery. If you're buying a screen, buy an OEM one, it's worth the 2+ dollars. Same with Digitizers, the OEM ones are 800x Better. The non-OEM ones are like sand-like and I got a faulty one that did not work 5 in one times. It was horrible.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)